The counseling services program is provided in an effort to strengthen families, to keep children at home, to prevent problems of delinquent behaviors, runaway, truancy, child abuse and neglect by helping youth and their families learn to resolve crises and develop coping and parenting skills. Referrals are welcome from any individual, agency, school, or family.
Request FREE counseling by filling out the form below…
Services are FREE to youth & families and include:
- Free youth, family and group counseling (also available in Spanish)
- Crisis Intervention
- Education for parents and youth
- Child abuse prevention training
Who qualifies to receive these confidential services?
GSMYC’s *STAR program is FREE to families with children under the age of 18 who reside in Hays County or attend Hays County schools.
The goals of the STAR program:
*Services To At-Risk Youth (STAR) Program
- To strengthen and stabilize families
- To prevent runaway, truancy, and participation in delinquent behaviors
- To help families and youth learn to resolve crisis and develop coping skills
- To help parents resume and maintain parental responsibility
To begin receiving services:
Fill out the confidential form below and an outreach counselor will respond during the 9am-5pm business hours.
Counseling services are offered Monday-Friday by appointment at your convenience (after work and school hours are available) and are provided on a 90-day basis.